A tune-up is a preventative maintenance task that checks a vehicle’s major components and tops off the essential fluids. Over time emissions systems can get dirty, tires can lose pressure, and engine oil can get gritty. If tune-ups are postponed or neglected, there will be a decrease in engine performance, fuel efficiency, and lifespan. Tune-ups ensure that you’re getting the best performance from your vehicle. Older vehicles should get a tune-up every 10,000 to 20,000 miles, while newer vehicles can typically go over 30,000 miles without a major tune-up.
Tune-ups at City Garage in Texas typically include:
• Bumper to bumper inspection
• Oil Changes
• Air filter inspection and replacement
• Fuel filter inspection and replacement
• Spark plug maintenance
• Replacing the belts and hoses
• A top-off on all major fluids.
• And more...
If your vehicle has 30,000 miles and hasn’t gotten a tune-up yet, it may be time. Depending on driving habits, a tune-up may be needed outside of the manufacturer’s recommended service intervals. Below are signs it may be time for a tune-up:
• There’s a decrease in vehicle performance.
• Fuel efficiency has drastically decreased.
• The check engine light is on.
• Your vehicle is overheating
• You’re noticing unusual smells or sounds.
• The engine knocks when you accelerate.
• The vehicle stalls when stopped
If you notice any of the listed symptoms, bring your vehicle into a City Garage location right away. We are the premier automotive specialist in Texas and would be happy to inspect your vehicle.