Think it might be about time for a brake job, but not quite sure? Then take this quick quiz to see how your brakes score:
When you’re braking, do you….
- Hear any grinding, squeaking or squealing sounds? Then it’s a good sign it’s time for new brake pads or shoes. As your brake pad starts getting old and worn, bare metal becomes exposed and causes that screeching sound you’ve been hearing. So, next time you’re out by the car, take a quick look at your brake pads (you can do this without taking the wheel off). If you see any signs of wear and tear, it’s time to bring your car in to see us.
- Hear a clicking noise? Then it’s another sign you need new brake pads. Your brakes have a device that’s designed specifically to stop any rattling. So, once you start hearing that sound, there’s a problem.
- Feel like your pedal goes down further to the floor than usual? Or feel like your pedal is spongy and soft to the touch? Then there may be air in your hydraulic system or you may need to replace your brake pads. Your pedal starts getting soft when your brake pads provide a lesser grip.
- Feel your car grabbing or pulling to one side? Then there are a few different causes that could be the culprit. Some of these causes include: brake fluid leakage, a frozen brake, frozen emergency brake cables, maladjustment of your brakes, and oil leakage on your brake shoes or pads.
- Feel your car pulsating while pushing down on the pedal? Then it’s a good sign you need to replace your brake pads. When your brake pads get old, worn out and warped, they cause that pulsating feeling you’ve been experiencing.
- Feel your car shaking or shimmying as you’re slowing down? Then your brake rotors and drums may be getting old and worn. Or they may just be wearing unevenly. Either way, these are not good vibrations.
- See that little red brake warning light showing up on your dash? Then there could be an imbalance somewhere in your system.
- See that amber brake warning light signaling something’s up on your dash? Then there may be a problem with your ABS system.
So, how did your brakes score?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, then it’s time to schedule an appointment with our ASE Certified Experts.
Whether your brakes just need a little servicing or several parts needs replacing, our seasoned technicians have all the tools and training to care for your car. So, why not stop in and see us today?
Also, don’t forget to bring in this coupon for $20 OFF at your local City Garage!